- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 3/4 cups large dice onions
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 4 oz can of green chili's
- 1 15 oz can diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth(low sodium-fat free)
- 8 oz( 1/2 ring ) smoked lowfat turkey sausage
- 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1/2# raw shrimp(peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup( 2 stalks )celery, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tblsp olive oil-divided
Cut the chicken into small cubes and saute on medium high in the last 1 tblsp olive oil. Season with the creole seasoning and cook until no longer pink. Cut up turkey sausage into a large dice and add to the chicken. Add the can of green chili's and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the pan and scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour into crock pot. Add the 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and the Italian tomatoes and mix well.
Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and cook 4 hours longer. Cut the shrimp in half and add the last 10 minutes of cooking time. Serve over cooked brown rice.