I am a new subscriber to the clean eating magazine and its name says it all. The recipes are full of goodness and uses many fresh ingredients. I look forward to the magazine coming every month.
I came across spaghetti with kale, feta and poached egg that looked and sounded so good. I set out to find the ingredients but like I said, no kale or feta to be found and I wasn't driving 40 miles to find it. I subbed what I could find and came up with a scrumptious dish that even my husband ate (and loved)..and that says alot!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup small dice onions
- 1 cup hominy, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, cooked sunny side up(salt and pepper top)
- 6 oz cooked whole wheat spaghetti