Friday, October 5, 2012

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CROCKPOT CARROT CAKE

What could be better then warm chocolate and cinnamon mingled together on a brisk autumn day...not much else I'm guessing!  The smell of this cake cooking in the crock pot was pretty overwhelming...my mouth was watering the whole time!  I love to make cakes this way.  I can do other things for 3 hours while it "cooks" and I'm not tied to the house for that half hour or more it takes to bake in the oven.
 
 
1 box Betty Crocker super moist devils food cake mix
1/2 cup egg beaters egg substitute
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup water
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
 
Mix the cake mix, egg beaters, applesauce, water and cinnamon until well mixed.  Fold in the chocolate chips and shredded carrots.  grease a 3 quart crock pot well. ( I used Pam spray for baking)  Pour the batter into the crock and spread evenly.  Put 4 pieces of paper toweling over the top and put the lid on.  Cook on low for 3 hours.  Take crock out of base and set on cooling rack.  Cool completely and dump onto a cake platter.  Serve frosted or with vanilla ice cream.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment